Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kingfisher Airlines














I had left it as late as possible to book my flight from Bangkok to London / return. Checking through the options on internet I stumbled over a familiar name; Kingfisher Airlines that I recognized from IPL. Their price on such short notice was well below what the major airlines offer on bookings well in advance. Only "minus" was that I had to change plane in Mumbai. At Suvarnabhumi Airport the staff at the check-in counter were friendly and efficient. Well seated we got an introduction into the airline in a video by the Chairman, Vijay Malliya. He told us of his greatest passion; food and that the customers of Kingfisher Airlines should enjoy nothing but the best. How true that was !! He also told us that he, himself had handpicked every single one of the beautiful hostesses. What did he mean by "handpicked" ??

Then we were told to sit back and enjoy "THE KINGFISHER EXPERIENCE".



Another point was that they had increased the legroom "behind the curtain" (tourist class) after complaints from passengers. Just imagine that !! I complained some years ago about lack of leg-room on a British Airways flight from London to Bangkok. All BA did was to tell me that I had to book a better class (business) if I was looking for leg-room and comfort. I never went back !!!


At the airport in Mumbai time was short and we had to rush through security before boarding the flight to London. It seems like an unneccessary operation, but when we know what acts of terror that has taken place in India, we should just be greatful that security is in operation. Kingfisher provided us with a nice, young woman who guided us through without any delays.





Arriving at London Heathrow, Terminal 4 was a great plus for the ones of the passangers holding european passports. Through immigration in no time.


When the time came to turn the back to britain's cold winds and rain and return to Thailand's +32 and rain we were again meat by the most helpful and efficient staff at the check-in counter.


Well onboard, sitting comfortable in seat 24K, I looked up and saw the most beautiful of all the beautiful women I have ever set my eyes on. Chairman Vijay Malliya must have had a fantastic day at work the day he "handpicked" this one ! WOW !! She even spoke to me and gave me a smile !!! The problem is that she was born (far) too late !!


From the check-in at Suvarnabhumi tilol we returned and left the plane at Suvarnabhumi I most certainly enjoyed "THE KINGFISHER EXPERIENCE".


I am now a "King Club Member" (492229312) and am already looking forward to my next flight with Kingfisher Airlines.





No comments:

Post a Comment