Monday, July 19, 2010

Bird news















Some weeks ago a little bird fell out of the nest up under the roof. Not being able to put him/her back we gave our feathered friend a nice, soft towel to sleep in and started to give it food and water. It took a fancy to me and adopted me fairly quickly. I can go nowhere without it being parked on my shoulder or on my hand. Even when we go outside for flying lessons, it is never more than a few metres away. If something scares it, it comes tweeting back to me to tell me about it. When I go out, it sits on the stairs inside the house, waiting for me to return. Tweeting away as to tell me how much it appreciate me being back. We made a couple of fantastic recordings together and I will attach our opera bit this time. One thing; The last of the three cats that I brought over with me from Norway died just 2 days before I was blessed with this new company. Most cerainly made my life easier, not having to live with the emptiness. Now I just wonder what will happen when I leave for a trip to Europe in three weeks time. There will be people here, but will my little feathered friend miss me while I'm gone -and will it remember me when I get back ? Amazing how much joy such a small thing can bring.





No comments:

Post a Comment