Monday, July 19, 2010

BIRD NEWS

A few weeks ago a little bird fell out of the nest up under the roof. Not being able to put "her" back, we gave our feathered friend a nice, soft towel to sleep in and started to give her food and water. She took a fancy to me and adopted me fairly quickly. I can go nowhere without her being parked on my shoulder, my fingers -or my shoes when I'm sitting down. Even when we go outside for flying lessons, she stays only a few feet away and come tweeting to me if there is anything that scares her. When I'm away from the house, she sits on the stairs inside the livingroom, waiting for me to return. Tweeting away when I get back to tell me how much she missed me. We have made a couple of recordings together -on You-tube "The Mexican Whistler" where Pip-Pip is performing with Roger Whitaker. One thing; the last of the three cats I brought with me over from Norway died just two days before I was blessed with this new companion. Most certainly made my life easier, not having to live with the emptiness. Now I just wonder what will happen when a go across to Europe in 3 weeks time. There will be people here, but will my little feathered friend miss me when I'm gone -and will she remember me when I get back ?? Amazing how much joy and pleasure siuch a small thing can bring.

















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for having a new little friend. Kindness and love make the world happy. You seem to get along so well with small and big friends, e.g.birds and elephants. All world creatures do need love and cares. But,our ploblem here and somewhere else is how to control and manipulate those "human killers" by snipers with love and cares. Wb.

    ReplyDelete